Sunday, July 12, 2009

everybodys changing

about a week ago i started this level five english class so i can get proficient on my essays.
one of which (the persuasive one) i am recycling from last school year because honestly i think it is good and with a few tweaks would warrant a proficient. the other i am so excited to write.
i am analyzing the relationship between cecilia lisbon and her wedding dress. i love the virgin suicides so much, and i just reread it. and i am still in the mindset i get from reading that book.
its so hard to explain, but you would understand if you read it. theres also the movie which is so awe inspiring.
which brings me to my next thought.
so in this class the teacher is really down to earth, and i appreciate her frankness. however, she kind of made me afraid of what is to become of me as i grow older. she told the class that rarely will you do whatever it is you want to. usually you go through 3 or so completely different jobs. she had majored in journalism, but went on to be a flight attendant to a teacher to something else i cant remember and back to teaching. it just scared me mainly because i am so passionate about films and fashion and i know that i want to dive into that life. but imagining that i am going to have multiple jobs that are completely different, i just don't like that idea. i can't think of doing something else. i am going to be a film studies major. i am. there is no doubt in my mind. and for me to decide that already makes me happy. even though i am scared i am optimistic that i will be one of the exceptions. i am so passionate about what i want to do that i feel as though that will keep me where i want to be rather than lacking that quality and thinking that i have no control over anything therefore i would change jobs frequently.
i'm 17 and its weird to think of the future in terms of life work and what not.
as of now i will spend the next week or so dedicated to harry potter.

No comments: